Possibility to open a window by activating input

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
KevinA.

Possibility to open a window by activating input

Post by KevinA. »

Is there an easy way to make a window appear when a bit coming from outside the HMI becomes active?

mark.monroe

Re: Possibility to open a window by activating input

Post by mark.monroe »

There is a system tag called New Screen ID that can be used to change the screen. You give each screen a screen ID, and then what ever number you insert into the New Screen ID system tag gets pulled up.

Type in "Screen ID" into the iX help system and it will tell you about the system tags.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Patrick Hall

Post by Patrick Hall »

That tag is very handy. I used it (and ScreenID's) to create a custom access level log-in. I used the standard user's and groups from the security manager but the customer did not want to use the log-in dialog, but rather they wanted to touch different areas of a picture (graphic pattern in a certain order) to signal what initial screen to land on (Maint, Operator, QA, etc).
Best Regards,
Patrick Hall

KevinA.

Post by KevinA. »

I just looked at the Ix devveloper help and found that you could popup a window after a value change of the bit you assign to him like you were saying. I tried to do give a Screen ID in the General tab but after I entered a name into the Screen Id field it disappears, I looked in configs and didn't find anything that would be related to that.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

The screen ID is a number and the System tag used to change the screen is also a number. Only integers can be used, strings and floats will not work.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

KevinA.

Post by KevinA. »

So now I just put a number ID that is 55. I tried to create a tag with the name 55 but it doesnt let me create a tag with only numbers. I then tried to simulate an input coming from the PLC by making a button that sets the tag 55 to popup my screen but it doesnt work either, I don't understand where to put that screen ID number to link it with my PLC ?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

Search the iX help for "System Tags". There is a system tag that you use to control which screen to show.
Snap 2012-11-16 at 11.34.33.png
Snap 2012-11-16 at 11.34.33.png (30.12 KiB) Viewed 13687 times
Snap 2012-11-16 at 11.36.04.png
Snap 2012-11-16 at 11.36.04.png (51.83 KiB) Viewed 13687 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

KevinA.

Post by KevinA. »

Oh sorry, I didn't see those options, now i undersand where the link is done. Thank you very much once again!