Control recipes from controller

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
philip.joebstl

Control recipes from controller

Post by philip.joebstl »

Hello,

on the MAC E1000 - Terminals there was a function called "RecipeControlBlock". By using the function it was possible to manage recipes (new, delete, load, save,...) by a combination of data registers from the plc.

Is there a possibility to do this with iX-Panel, e.g.:
plc writes '7' in tag 'RecipeNr', and the panel loads the recipe from the nr stored in the tag?

Thanks for your answers!
Best regards,
Philip Joebstl

mark.monroe

Re: Control recipes from controller

Post by mark.monroe »

You would have to write C# to do that. You can put an if statement on the value change of a tag, and then depending on the tag's value, you can load a different recipe. Take a look at this forum post on the code needed to load a recipe.

The Value Change event is located in the lower left hand corner of the Tags Tab.
Snap 2013-02-06 at 08.25.53.png
Snap 2013-02-06 at 08.25.53.png (48.49 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

philip.joebstl

Post by philip.joebstl »

So this is what I thought...

Maybe you should take this topic on the wish list for the next iX-Developer. Because the big deal on the old panels was that there was a bunch of pretty awesome features built-in and use-ready. If everything has to be written in C# on iX-Panels, many customers will be overwhelmed.

And as always, thanks for the quick answer!
Best regards,
Philip Joebstl

philip.joebstl

Post by philip.joebstl »

I have another question regarding this topic.

I tried to load a recipe by passing the recipe name in the sample project Sample_recipe, there it was working fine. But when I do the same thing on a T7A-panel project, it loads the chosen recipe and then always pops up with the load recipe-screen.

Is this because of the compact framework or some difference between pc and panel project?
Best regards,
Philip Joebstl

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

Take a look at this forum post and download the CustomRecipeDialog project. On Screen2 there is code that loads a recipe, and it does not bring up any dialog or confirmation boxes.

Code: Select all

void Button1_Click(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
		{
			//Load the recipe that was entered
			Globals.Recipe1.LoadRecipe(Globals.Tags.RecipeNameToLoad.Value);
			//Close the load recipe screen
			Globals.Screen2.Close();
		}
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

philip.joebstl

Post by philip.joebstl »

Sorry, I had the 'LoadRecipe'-Action still set on that button. Shame on me. Of course now there comes no dialog any more :lol:
Best regards,
Philip Joebstl