Fading color in glossy buttons

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
fsturlese

Fading color in glossy buttons

Post by fsturlese »

Hello,
when using the "glossy" style for pushbuttons, the background will fade from the chosen background color to white. If a dark color is chosen as a background, and a light color for text, the multi-line text is hard to read (see the file attached).
Is there any way to change the fading color to something different than white?
Thank you.
Federico.
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (11.83 KiB) Viewed 6731 times

mark.monroe

Re: Fading color in glossy buttons

Post by mark.monroe »

The Glossy style forces the button to have a whitish hue like that. You can change the gradients on both sides, but it will still have a shine to it.
Snap 2013-04-24 at 09.58.47.png
Snap 2013-04-24 at 09.58.47.png (44.67 KiB) Viewed 6729 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

fsturlese

Post by fsturlese »

Hello Mark, thank you for your reply. I was wondering if the whitish hue is Windows-dependent, and can be changed by code. If I take a look at the Apple's glossy buttons, they seem to fade differently, see below:
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (18.31 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
The Apple button allows using white characters all over the surface, as there is no white fading.

Another question: I tried changing the two colors of the gradient, if I set the same color for both, from then on I can't set the gradient any more, as the gradient palette shows only the solid color. Is this a known issue?

Thank you.
Federico.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

Yes, if you mess around with both ends of the gradient to-much then it stops working. That is a known issue.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer