Users Dialog issue

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Hi-Volt

Users Dialog issue

Post by Hi-Volt »

Hi. I have converted my project with iX 2.0 SP1 Build 2.0.463.0 . Now, if I want to add a new user by the users-dialog function of the panel, I have to select a group, while previously it wasn't necessary.
In my project, a default list of users is automatically loaded by a file at first startup. Only the first user of the list belongs to the Administrators group, the others don't belong to any group.
Probably there's a bug in the new version of iX. What do you think about? Possibly, will it be fixed early?
Thank you!

Best regards

mark.monroe

Re: Users Dialog issue

Post by mark.monroe »

Groups are used to define security settings for on screen objects. If a user is not in a group, then they can not access any on screen objects that have security set on them. You can create another non-admin group that holds all the other users in it and just not associate that group with any security on any on screen objects. You will end up with the same result as not putting the user in any group.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Hi-Volt

Post by Hi-Volt »

Thank for your reply, Mr Monroe. I apologise if I insist, but in my opinion this is a bug. By iXDeveloper I can add users to the project without group assignement, while by the panel I can't. In the past, all worked fine. Now, I have to spend time modifying my project that previously runs fine.
Could you tell me if there is any chance to obtain a software update to solve this issue, please?
Thank you.

Best regards

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

Hi Volt,

This will not be changed in the new version. iX Dev can not be 100% backward compatible, otherwise new features and other enhancements could never be added. You can create your own security dialog box if you would like and then you have complete control over how it works. The best thing to do is not upgrade iX Dev unless there is some sort of reason to. Each new version will be slightly different than the older one, which may require you to alter your project.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer