Direct Addressing

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
drdeason

Direct Addressing

Post by drdeason »

Is there a way to direct address tags? Say I have a button and I want to display the value of a Rockwell DINT, is there any way to show it in the button text? Also what about displaying a String tag? I don't see any string type objects? I am new to the iX software, and Beijer HMIs in general, so I am trying to figure out how to do some of the stuff I am used to in FactoryTalk.

mark.monroe

Re: Direct Addressing

Post by mark.monroe »

To display a value that is in a tag you would use an analog numeric box and link it to a tag. You can set an analog numeric box so that it displays strings. There is a lot of information in the iX Dev help system about the different on screen objects. If you want to change the text on a button dynamically, i.e. based on a tag's value, you can look under Dynamics.
Snap 2013-07-08 at 12.33.11.jpg
Snap 2013-07-08 at 12.33.11.jpg (58.82 KiB) Viewed 7156 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

Is there a way to directly address a PLC tag from and object, and bypass the internal tag database altogether (e.g. "Controller1.Program1:Tag1")?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

No, there is not. iX Developer is designed to do everything through tags.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer