Tag Address Length

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
drdeason

Tag Address Length

Post by drdeason »

I am unable to import/create tags with an address (Controller address, RA ControlLogix) length greater than 32 characters. I am unable to find anything that define the tag limitations. Is there a work around?

mark.monroe

Re: Tag Address Length

Post by mark.monroe »

This forum post details how to find the help documentation for a specific driver. Under "Addressing" in the ControlLogix driver help file it details all the driver memory address naming limitations.

There is a 32 character limit for Single variables when using the ControlLogix driver. There is no work around for this limitation.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

If the 32 character limit is only for single variables, the program name shouldn't be included right? My tag names are less than 32 not including the "ProgramName:", but in some cases the program name + variable name is greater than 32.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

If you are using the ProgramName:TagName syntax, then all the text is included and is limited to a total of 32 characters.

So this is 19 Characters - 'ProgramName:TagName'
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer