T4a recipe

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Adrian

T4a recipe

Post by Adrian »

Hi,
I've converted an old e410 project to T4a and I'm stuck with a couple of things.
1. The e410 had an Ascii box that displayed the recipe name in use.
2. The e410 recipe could be remotely changed from I/0 on the plc or a network signal through the PLC etc.

How can i get these to work on the t4a???

please speak in plain english, I'm only pretending to be a controls expert, I prefer mechanical things!!

Cheers

Derkins.Goblertroter

Re: T4a recipe

Post by Derkins.Goblertroter »

Hello there,

There is a special System Tag ( Tags -> Add tag -> System Tag ) which directly displays the recipe name when attached to a Label or AnalogNumeric element set to string on a screen.

As for the remote change of the recipe, im not certain what you mean? This part will require a Script to be written.

Koehler

Post by Koehler »

Hi Derkins, have there been any reported issues with the special System Tag? I tried doing what you suggest but it still didn't display the recipe name.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Thanks for the reply, that's sorted the current recipe display...cheers.
When we used the E410 HMI's the recipe could be remotely changed from the PLC, I cannot see how to do this with the IX screen???

Derkins.Goblertroter

Post by Derkins.Goblertroter »

To change the recipe using screen and touch input:

Create a button. Go to properties and in the action tab select Recipe -> Load recipe.

When you press the button in runtime, a window will pop-out where you'll be able to select what recipe to load.

In addition you can also directly attach a recipe to a button and skip the selection.

To change the recipe using some PLC input :

Write a script and add an event

Code: Select all

void Script1_Created(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
	Globals.Tags.recipeTag.ValueChange += RecipeSelection;
}

Code: Select all

private void RecipeSelection(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
	switch((int)Globals.Tags.recipeTag.Value)
	{
		case 1:
			recipe.LoadRecipe(RecipeName1);
			break;
		case 2:
			recipe.LoadRecipe(RecipeName2);
			break;
	}
}

I would advise you to go through Beijers' iX developer video course and refer to the manuals in the future.