IP Configuration

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
daoa80

IP Configuration

Post by daoa80 »

I would like to change my IP configuration manually after my application is transferred to my QTERM-A12 panel?

1. Can this be done?
2. Is there any documentation on that?
3. I do not want to set it up on the panel before transferring the application, I want to create an app to do it and change it while application running.

Any advices?

Thanks

mark.monroe

Re: IP Configuration

Post by mark.monroe »

There is an action called "Show IP settings" under "Other" actions. You can associate the "Show IP settings" action with a button. After you download your project to the terminal, you can then set the IP address using that action.

If you transfer your project via a USB stick, then you do not need to assign the panel a IP address. The Panel comes with a default IP address. If that address works for your network, you can transfer the project to the unit without first changing the IP address.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

daoa80

Post by daoa80 »

1. if you change the IP address, does it change immediately r you are required to restart it?

2. how does it handle conflict if somebody assigns an address that already exists on the network?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

You do not need to reboot to change the IP address. The Unit handles IP conflicts like all computers do. The IP stack is the Microsoft CE 6.0 stack.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer