Alarm Indicator

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
robkwan

Alarm Indicator

Post by robkwan »

The Alarm Viewer activates the Alarm Indicator. I want to replace the Alarm Indicator with a my own icon (colored circle etc) that changes color and at a fixed position.

The Alarm Indicator doesn't blend in with the look and feel of my application.
The Alarm Indicator doesn't seem to be scriptable.

Any trick/suggestion?

Edmund

Re: Alarm Indicator

Post by Edmund »

Create a internal tag (let´s say ActiveAlarm : Bool) and set it when a Alarm goes Active and reset it when you acknowledge the alarms.

And use the tag to show/hide your own alarm inidcator.
Edmund Andersson

AITECH AB

Part of Beijer Integrator Group

robkwan

Post by robkwan »

I tried, the Alarm Indicator still appears. See the attachment on the "Alarm Indicator" I am referring to.

Also, the Alarm Viewer object is of the type AlarmViewerCFAdapter rather than the AlarmViewer type, the CFAdapter version has minimum properties and methods.
Attachments
AlarmIndicator.jpg
AlarmIndicator.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 8074 times

Edmund

Post by Edmund »

Hi!

Uncheck the three checkboxes in the Alarm Server settings ("Show Alarm Indicator"), then it will not popup any more.

Well if your project target is a TxA or TxB panel it will be using .Net CE (Compact Framework) since it runs on Windows CE. That´s why you have the CE Adapter instead... What are you missing?
Edmund Andersson

AITECH AB

Part of Beijer Integrator Group

robkwan

Post by robkwan »

That got rid of the Alarm Indicator. Thanks

If the "Repeat Count" is unchecked, the same alarm appears multiple times.
If the "Repeat Count" is checked, the same alarm appears once with a count appended to the description.

Is there any trick to prevent iX from append the alarm count to the description?