One more thread about performance...

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
romanshanin

One more thread about performance...

Post by romanshanin »

Hello all.
I know about many threads in this board about HMI performance, but however i decided to make one more.

I already developed two projects using iX T10A Panel in pair with GE PLC (com via GE SRTP TCP/IP) and Panasonic PLC (com via Matsushita-Mewtocol COM).
Both projects has the same problem with screen performance. Data exchange with PLC wasn't enough fast in beginning, but I've been solved this problem.

Now, I have a question about screen graphic elements performance (may be about execution time).
Screens of both my projects are opening about 2-10 seconds after they have been called. In each screen placed about 50 objects now ( couple hundred shapes and lines, and about 100 tags are used for animation of each screen)
I have a lot of dynamically changing objects on most of screens and of course it is a reason of lags.
I haven't enough time for testing graphic elements performance and I'm asking you to answer:
Which elements are need more time for execution? And how big is the difference?
- Colour changed bounds, background AnalogValue fields
- polygons with dinamically changing bounds and background colours
- MultiPicture with just Value field in front of it.
- Will do it have more performance with using scripts?
- What about static objects: it's better to use background PIC or few static line and shapes?

I'm sorry for my English, I'm only learning now :)
Attachments
sample of screen
sample of screen
example.PNG (233.64 KiB) Viewed 5154 times

Russ C.

Re: One more thread about performance...

Post by Russ C. »

Hello,

We understand that this is a very old post. If there is anyone who is still experiencing this or similar issues and require assistance, please visit us at https://www.beijerelectronics.us/en-US/ ... ___support or give us call at 801.708.6690.

Thank you.
Best regards,

Russ
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us