Alarm Chime for active alarms

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
dcook

Alarm Chime for active alarms

Post by dcook »

I am looking for any suggestions. Working on 2.10 sp3, on a IX box PC(winXP).
I would like to play a Chime, mp3 file, through the audio output jack on PC speakers when there is an active alarm. Perhaps using different chimes for different alarm groups.
I have played around with the media player a bit, tried a bit of script to run the player, I have gotten close but not there yet. And one issue with the media player is the chime file is only 2 seconds long, I would like to have it repeat over and over until the alarm is acknowledged. I cant find a way to make the media player repeat.

I think this would be a great tool for those of us using a PC based system. I am sure someone has attempted this?

Kyle W.

Re: Alarm Chime for active alarms

Post by Kyle W. »

I just created a sample program that does something like this and put it under the sample programs forum: http://ixtalk.beijerelectronics.com/vie ... =24&t=1917.

It is built for a PC application. It will play a sound while an alarm is active and stop playing once it is either acknowledged or the condition is cleared.
Best Regards,

Kyle W. | Applications Engineer
Beijer Electronics, Inc.