WebBrowser Object

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
ric

WebBrowser Object

Post by ric »

Good morning,
In my project I have a screen with a WebBrowser object.
I have two different problems regarding that object.

1. I don't have the possibility to move the focus inside the webpage showed. So if there are any form inside the page the onscreen keyboard doesn't appear.

2. If you browse any webpage that use javascript the error in the image attached below, appear every time you enter in this page with an uncorrect visualization of the page.

Could you please give me some advice to solve those problems?

Thank you,
Riccardo
Attachments
Script error.png
Script error.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 7747 times

Transistor

Re: WebBrowser Object

Post by Transistor »

I haven't tried the web browser, but this can be a problem when you embed one application in another. I suspect that you will find:
  • If you use the iX Browser the keyboard will appear because it's part of the iX application. But I also suspect that the iX Browser will not run JavaScript.
  • If you use Internet Explorer the JavaScript will work fine but the iX application will not detect that you are in a form so no keyboard will appear.
You might need to find a way to pop up the Windows on-screen keyboard when inside the browser. It probably won't be the solution you want!