Confirming HMI has Internet Access

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
baaron

Confirming HMI has Internet Access

Post by baaron »

My main goal here is to have a QTerm A12 HMI access a Amazon RDS MSQL server. This would use the example project that has been floating around the forums here. However I have tested the Data Source/Database/Query/Username and Password and I know they will work in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio so remote access is enabled.

On the HMI when I enter this info in I get "Connection Fail: SqlException" which means it fails to connect. My assumption is the HMI is failing to get to the internet. When using the Browser I can access the home router with its IP address but I cannot access any websites that would exist on the internet. "https://www.google.com"

The HMI has a unique IP address and the Home Router Address is its gateway. Is there a way to define a DNS Server or will the HMI aquire that automatically? Am I going about testing for internet in the wrong way? I think the X2 Extreme 12 HP has the DNS Server option when setting it up maybe its a device limitation?

baaron

Re: Confirming HMI has Internet Access

Post by baaron »

Nevermind. Ive found that my issue was in fact that I could not assign the DNS server with a QTERM model. In other words for a QTERM to access the internet I had to set its IP to Dynamic to allow a router to assign the DNS IP address.