Git version control for IX-developer project

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
ucsmikko

Git version control for IX-developer project

Post by ucsmikko »

Hi all

Is it possible to use Git as a version control for IX-developer projects?

I have tested this by adding all the automatically generated files to .gitignore and it seems to work and I can see all the changes in the commits etc. But when I asked about this from Utu Automation (Distributor in Finland) a year ago, the answer was that Git isn't supported and it will corrupt the project, so it might be impossible to open it in another PC.

Does anyone have experience with any other version control for IX-developer projects?

AMitchneck

Re: Git version control for IX-developer project

Post by AMitchneck »

I haven't used a change management program, but I have copied the project directory between computers without issue. I don't see why git would have any issues as long as all the project files/folders are included.
Adam M.
Controls Engineer
FlexEnergy

gkimirti

Post by gkimirti »

I use without any problems on GitLab
You can add these lines to gitignore file
Temp/*
BuildFiles/*
After you commit your project on the first computer Then You pull your project from other pc and Rebuild.

ucsmikko wrote:Hi all

I have tested this by adding all the automatically generated files to .gitignore and it seems to work and I can see all the changes in the commits etc. But when I asked about this from Utu Automation (Distributor in Finland) a year ago, the answer was that Git isn't supported and it will corrupt the project, so it might be impossible to open it in another PC.

Does anyone have experience with any other version control for IX-developer projects?

raoleon

Post by raoleon »

gkimirti wrote:I use without any problems on GitLab
You can add these lines to gitignore file
Temp/*
BuildFiles/*
After you commit your project on the first computer Then You pull your project from other pc and Rebuild.

ucsmikko wrote:Hi all