Mutiple languages

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
kim

Mutiple languages

Post by kim »

Hello

Using iX2.0 + T7A

We use several languages in out project.

This is my problem:
I have connected a tag to "Tag for current language", which is in PLC battery backup area.
Its okey to change language in runtime, but when panel restart it always seems to change to language 1, not to default language 0. Of course my target is to remember the last selected language, but this I cannot get working.
Monitoring PLC when panel startup I can see the panel change value of Language register to '1'.

Am I doing something wrong??

mark.monroe

Re: Mutiple languages

Post by mark.monroe »

You might an an initial value set for that tag in the HMI. You can always select the non-volatile tag check box for that tag in iX Developer. Then the panel will remember the last value that the tag was set to.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

kim

Post by kim »

Thanks, but none of those help me, still same problem :(

Can it be because the default language is english
0=english
1=french
2=...
...so at "Multiple languages"/"Languages" tab/Index column,
indexes start with 1=French etc but there are no "0" index?

I mean should the default language '0' no be used? Instead I should create another language 'English' with index >0. Perhaps panel checks at startup if index <1 then sets index=1.

I hope somebody understood :)

Another question:
How to change language by script? I cannot find the function to use.
Then I can at startup change to whatever language I like.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

The settings menu under the Languages tab allows you to associate a tag with a language. To change the language of your system, just set the value of the tag. So if you have three languages with indexes like: 0 - English, 1 - Afrikaans, 2- Albanian, setting the tag to 2 will set the system language to Albanian.

To set the value of a tag in script:
Globals.Tags.Tag1.Value = 2
Snap 2012-10-02 at 08.27.59.jpg
Snap 2012-10-02 at 08.27.59.jpg (32.75 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
The language the the project was initial created with has an index of 0. That is why the multi-language indexes start with 1, because 0 is already taken. What ever value is in the tag associated with the above settings box will be used to select the system language.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer