iXDeveloper 2.0 - problem with group visibility

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Hi-Volt

iXDeveloper 2.0 - problem with group visibility

Post by Hi-Volt »

Hi. I have opened an iXDeveloper 1.31 project with iXDeveloper 2.0. After the conversion, the group visibility property doesn't work :x . In my project there are many group-icons. The alarm icon for example, is composed by: a rectangle, a text and a warning symbol (.lib) (see the attachment). If I download the project using iXDeveloper 1.31, the icon works fine, while with iXDeveloper 2.0 only the warning symbol is visible! Why?
Thank you.
Best regards
Attachments
Allarme.zip
Alarm icon
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 650 times

mark.monroe

Re: iXDeveloper 2.0 - problem with group visibility

Post by mark.monroe »

From your picture it looks like you might have converted your project from a large HMI panel to a smaller one. It looks like some of your picture has been cut off.

You also need to make sure you do not have visibility conflicts when grouping components. If one component is visible and another one is not, and they are grouped together, then the system doesn't know what to do and you can get weird behavior.

You can send me your 2.0 project via the forums PM system and I can take a look at it.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Hi-Volt

Post by Hi-Volt »

No, the text into the rectangle is correctly shown in the panel. iXDeveloper has a text alignment problem. Often the position of the text in my PC screen doesn't match exactly in the panel, then I have to send the project to the panel more times to find the correct position. Maybe iX 2.0 has the same problem, unfortunately :( .
I will send you a sample project. I have placed my alarm icon in the centre of the screen. The "Visibility" button toggles a variable that is connected to the visibility property of the icon. Pushing the button appears only the warning symbol, rectangle and text are not visible. I have put also a rectangle near a text to show the text alignment problem.
Thanks for help.
Best regards!

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

There is a bug in iX Developer 2.0.356 that is causing your issue. I sent you a PM with iX version 2.0.408. In that version the group visibility issue has been fixed.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Patrick Hall

Post by Patrick Hall »

Has version 2.0.408 been officially released yet? Every Time I check for Updates I get the same "A newer version of the software could not be found". I have 2.0.356 currently.
Best Regards,
Patrick Hall

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

No, 2.0.408 is still in beta and has not been released as a stand alone package. It is only a hotfix that we send out to customers that have issues that are addressed by this software version.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe