Problem with NMEA-RMC sentences

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Hi-Volt

Problem with NMEA-RMC sentences

Post by Hi-Volt »

Hi. I have added a GPS NMEA receiver to my project. It is connected to COM 2 port of my TA100 panel. My program analyzes the RMC sentences. Currently I'm testing the program using the Avangardo GPS Generator Pro (NMEA version V3.0) and a Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx receiver (NMEA version V3.01). With Avangardo I have no problem, while with the Garmin receiver the parameter RMC.4 doesn't work always fine. This parameter is =A when the receiver get a fix, V when the signal is weak. Sometimes, when the Garmin loses the signal, the panel continues to show the "A" value even if the RMC sentences (checked using Hyper Terminal) contain "V". Why? :?
Thank you.

P.S. I'm developing the project with iXDeveloper v2.0.

mark.monroe

Re: Problem with NMEA-RMC sentences

Post by mark.monroe »

Are you looking at the RMB.1 address? Or a different one?

RMB.1 Status, A = Active, V = Navigation receiver warning
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Hi-Volt

Re: Problem with NMEA-RMC sentences

Post by Hi-Volt »

Good morning. Yes, with RMB.1 address I have no problem. Luckily my new receiver generates RMB sentences... because I have also an older GPS receiver here in office (not used for this project), and it doesn't generate RMB sentences.
Thank you.
Best regards!