Remote Access

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
drdeason

Remote Access

Post by drdeason »

I have VNC access to a T10A, but I am unable to connect via the web browser @ the default port. Is this possible, or am I missing something?

mark.monroe

Re: Remote Access

Post by mark.monroe »

What is the IP address of your HMI and what is the Web Browser port setting in the Remote Access dialog box say in iX Dev? You normally have to type the http in.

If my HMI is 192.168.2.10, and my Web Browser port setting in iX Dev is 5800, then I type in http://192.168.2.10:5800

If you have a firewall on your network sometimes that will block certain ports and not allow you to connect to the HMI. Or your PC could have a firewall turned on and will not allow outgoing connections from specific ports. Since the remote access viewer uses java, you need to have a java enabled browser.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

It's working now. Its rather slow, is there anything I can do to improve the speed?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

There are many variables that could be causing it to be slow. It could be the network connection, you have complex screens on the HMI, etc. A TxB unit may respond faster when you remote into it. In my experience TxAs seem to be a little slow when you control them remotely. You could try downloading the TightVNC client. Normally a dedicated client works better than using a web browser.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

OK, thanks

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

I am unable see the screens when I connect with mobile devices via web browser. I just get a blank white screen, but I am connected because I see the "TightVNC desktop [WinVNC]" page title, and when I connect to the HMI with a PC (via local wireless), I get this message on the mobile device: "Connection Disabled - The requested desktop is already connected to another client". I have tried with multiple devices including IPhone, IPad, android tablet, all java enabled. Any suggestions?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

You can only have 1 remote access connection open to the unit at one time. You also will need to use a VNC client on your mobile device, as most mobile devices do not implement java.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

When you say "implement Java" what do you mean? All of the devices have an option to enable Java...

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

Some mobile devices do not have Java or do not fully support it. It depends on the mobile device. That is why I suggest you download a VNC app for your mobile device. Then it should work. The issue is not with the HMI, as it sounds like it works on your PC. So there must be something with the devices that you are trying to connect to the HMI with. If you get the "too many connections" error, that means that a device is already connected to the HMI and that it will not allow you to make another connection to it.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

bjornidar

Post by bjornidar »

Hi,

you say the connection is slow.. VNC is in general a bit slow. We're using it on some locations, also with VNC server installed on a server (not iX) and this is also slow.