T7A HMI Access via FTP

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
jmkowol

T7A HMI Access via FTP

Post by jmkowol »

Hello everyone.

Relatively new to iX developer 2.0 but fairly familiar with the Information Designer (was using it for the last 3 years) I am trying to access the WinCE file structure on the HMI via FTP to secure the Recipe database or exported to file recipe "csv" format.
It was really easy with the Information designer where I could "FTP" to the HMI using the Anonymus setting.

I know something like this is possible with the iX developer, but I think I missing something here :-(

I did the setup allowing the FTP access.. But when I try to access I via FTP plug in in my browser I am getting error messages and can not see any files at all on the HMI target.

The HELP portion of the Software is not very helpful there

Can somebody help me here please ?

Greetings
J

Edmund

Re: T7A HMI Access via FTP

Post by Edmund »

Hi!

When using a iX panel (TxA, TxB) the home directory for the FTP Server will be the "Project Files Folder" and the permission to move upwards in the file structure is NOT permitted.

And because of that you cant get the runtime database directly over the built in FTP server.

You can export the recipes via the function Export Recipe and point it towards the Project Files Folder, then you can get it from the FTP Server (e.g. you can schedule the export for every hour).

The same goes for alarmlist, dataloggs...
Recipe Export.png
Recipe Export.png (106.5 KiB) Viewed 9127 times
Edmund Andersson

AITECH AB

Part of Beijer Integrator Group

jmkowol

Re: T7A HMI Access via FTP

Post by jmkowol »

Thanks