Problem with developer 2.0

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
elektro

Problem with developer 2.0

Post by elektro »

I have IX developer 2.0 that run on win7 64bit, my project is made for GE fanuc controller RX3i. When I make button with variable M2 for example( M2 is NO contact on controller), and if there is positive transition coil on controller with variable M1..M16 (except for M2 of course) that have passed power for one sweep, then pushing this button (or just leave mouse from it) will cause positive transition coils to reset for one sweep again. When I push this button manually on controller everything works fine, but pushing it from visualization will reset the coils. If the button variable is M19, then pushing it will reset the positive transition coils with variable M17..M32. On all others coils then positive and negative transition it seams to work as expected.
What could I do about this? Is it because of 64bit Win?

stuartm

Re: Problem with developer 2.0

Post by stuartm »

Hello Sir:

The HMI acts as a slave when addressed to a PLC. When addressed internally(i.e., not address), tags can have non-volatile/default behavior. A good example is to create a Modbus controller project. Address it. Turn off and on the HMI. What appears is the same value it was left as. Hence, it behaves as a slave to your PLC only reflecting the data inside your PLC.

Best Regards,
Stuart