T15B-SC with iX Developer: TCP communication possibilities?

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
tom

T15B-SC with iX Developer: TCP communication possibilities?

Post by tom »

Hello,

we're thinking about using a T15B-SC with iX Developer for an automation project. Most of the hardware would be digital I/Os connected via EtherCAT to the T15B-SC, with the exception of one machine, which talks some (mostly) text based protocol over TCP/IP.

Now our distributor has told us that the only way to communicate with that machine would be via a C# script in the HMI. For various reasons I don't like this approach. In particular I'd like to keep the entire control logic inside the SoftControl and this includes talking to that machine (triggered by other hardware I need to adjust parameters in that machine during production).

Anyway, the other day I downloaded CODESYS 3.5 SP4 and quickly came up with some code doing TCP/IP communication using the Network library that comes with CODESYS. This works fine on the Soft PLC that comes with CODESYS (CODESYS Control Win).

Since I don't have a T15B-SC available yet I can't test this myself, so my question is, will code using the Network library also run on the SoftControl installed on the T15B-SC, or am I really stuck with C# scripting?

Thanks&Regards
Thomas

Russ C.

Re: T15B-SC with iX Developer: TCP communication possibiliti

Post by Russ C. »

The SoftControl models of our HMIs can support CoDeSys PLC project running on them, it can integrate with the HMI using the CoDeSys ARTi driver in iX Developer.
Best regards,

Russ
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us