SQL database in external computer

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
jmsmoreira

SQL database in external computer

Post by jmsmoreira »

Hi,

I'm using a T10A. I can do SQL queries to database of the screen.

Now I have a database in an external computer connected to the HMI network.
How can I do (or is it possible) a query to that database?
What kind of path should I use,if for instance the T10A is 192.168.0.100, and the computer with the database is 192.168.0.101?

Edmund

Re: SQL database in external computer

Post by Edmund »

I´m pretty sure that .Net Compact Framework (T10A) only supports local stored SQL Server Compact Edition (CE) instances, Not remote or a real SQL Server.

If you need to exchange data you will probably need to build a web service that you communicate thru... or upgrade to TxC where you have the full .Net Framework available.
Edmund Andersson

AITECH AB

Part of Beijer Integrator Group

mustafa

Post by mustafa »

Hi Edmund,
Do you have example about web service because i didn't find any example in this forum?

ngi

Post by ngi »

You'll have to create a standard Web service using visual Studio and put it on a Web server (IIs for example). You'll find tons of examples of it.

Next, you'll have to create a Windows Mobile app in Visual Studio 2008 Pro (not supported afterwards in VS2010). Beware, a Windows Mobile, not Windows Phone app.
This WinMobile app will register the Windows Service methods. It'll give you a dll which you'll import into your iX project for Windows CE based T7A or T10A/B.