Bar Code Printing using ZPL Commands

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
Subho

Bar Code Printing using ZPL Commands

Post by Subho »

Is there anyway I can print barcode using Zebra GT800 printer directly from HMI using ZPL commands? Communication protocol will be Serial if not Ethernet.

Chris T.

Re: Bar Code Printing using ZPL Commands

Post by Chris T. »

Hi Subho,
This should be easy over serial. The simplest way would be to simply transmit the necessary ASCII commands over an open port. Attached is a serial example that demonstrates how to open a port and send characters. You should be able to massage this code to send whichever commands you need over serial.
Attachments
SimpleSerialCom.zip
(31.37 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Best regards,
Christopher
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us

Subho

Re: Bar Code Printing using ZPL Commands

Post by Subho »

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply. I have downloaded and tried your solution in iX Base 7 HMI with iX Developer 2.40 SP3 but got no result. To check if the HMI is writing anything in the Serial port or not, I have connected the MOXA UPORT 1180 (Serial to USB converter) and connected Hyper Terminal in my Laptop. But no value received. Is there anything need to be checked. I have also configured my laptop's serial port as per setting written in the script.