button that assign tags

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
KevinA.

button that assign tags

Post by KevinA. »

hi,
I'm using Ix developper 2.0 and iwas wondering if it was possible to assign tags or alias to other IO buttons and lights istead of doing them one by one? Or is there a way to define indirect tags with a script? How can I change a tag with a script?

mark.monroe

Re: button that assign tags

Post by mark.monroe »

There is no easy way to assign tags to objects in mass. You could copy and past an object and then modify the tag associated with that new object. That might speed things up a bit.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

KevinA.

Post by KevinA. »

Can I do a modification to a tag with a script? For example all my tags on my first page have a name and finnish by a number (TagName_1) and i could increment them by 10 or 20 so they it would become TagName_21. Is that possible?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

There is no way from within iX Developer to use a script to modify tag values in the development environment that are associated with a button. You would have to do it outside of iX Developer. You could look at the xml in the project folder and see how it is structured, then modify it there using a text processing program.

I can not help you with that, as it is outside the scope of normal iX Development. Also, if you do it wrong you could corrupt your project.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

KevinA.

Post by KevinA. »

Thanks for the info and for the fast reply, really effective :D