Tagvalue in Labels

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
BPJ

Tagvalue in Labels

Post by BPJ »

Hi.
In Chart > edit series you can make labeltexts. Is it possible to insert a tagvalue?
For example: I want to label a value with the corresponding hour.

Thanks
Bendt P. Johansen

Technician /
Qualified electrician

Vandteknik ApS
Skalsbyvej 2
DK-4735 Mern
Denmark

mark.monroe

Re: Tagvalue in Labels

Post by mark.monroe »

No , you can not dynamically change the series labels. You can create your own legend by using Text boxes and then using code to assign them a value. You can use a small rectangle the same color as the series to indicate which label goes with which series.

Code to set Text box:
this.Text1.Text = "MyText " + Globals.Tags.Tag1.Value.ToString();
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Greg M

Post by Greg M »

I have a similar problem to this, I'm dynamically assigning a variantValue array (of ints) to a series' y values successfully but when I try to assign a variantValue array of (datetime's) to the series' xvalues, the terminal crashes to the T7A boot screen. Is this possible to do or will I have to use labels as above?

I'd like to be able to use the same chart for 7 days, 31 days, 12 months, etc. Making labels for all these possibilities would be extremely messy!

Greg M

Post by Greg M »

Since submitting the above post, I've almost managed to solve my problem by assigning a new LabelsList containing the dates to "Series[0].Labels". This works but unfortunately also overwrites the Y-Axis value at the top of each bar with the date as shown in the attachment.

Does anyone know if this is possible to fix or even remove these labels from the top of the bars?
Attachments
Chart_Labels.png
Chart_Labels.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 11124 times