Printing DataGrid data to USB printer connected iXT10A

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
rajendra.mahajan

Printing DataGrid data to USB printer connected iXT10A

Post by rajendra.mahajan »

Hi,
I am using DataGrid to view the data on iX panel T10A. We can add & filter data as per our requirement but we are not able to print the filtered data to usb printer.
Is there any solution to print the filtered (Selected data) to USB printer connected to panel?

Regards,
Rajendra Mahajan

Ron L.

Re: Printing DataGrid data to USB printer connected iXT10A

Post by Ron L. »

You can use the following kind of printers:
- Serial (needs to support IBM character set 850)
- USB (needs to support PCL3e, PCL5c or PCL5e)
- Ethernet (printer needs to be connected to a PC and configured to be "shared").

The following printers are mentioned in the manual:
pic06334.gif
pic06334.gif (5.36 KiB) Viewed 18319 times
Since printers have a quite short product life time these are most likely discontinued.

Today there is only support for printing via the alarm distributor. iX 1.40 (coming later next year) will support report printouts as well as screen capture printouts.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Ron Lloyd | Applications Engineer

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

The only printer found in our IT department was Brother HL 2035 (laser).
In the internet I found a web page where was possible to generate the PPD file for the printer:
http://www.openprinting.org/driver/hpijs-pcl5e/

Will it work with WinCE 6.0?
Is it possible to use the Brother HL 2035 printer with T7A panel? If yes, what is next, how to install driver?
regards, Waldemar

Skylar

Post by Skylar »

Hi Waldemar,

If your printer is a PCL type laser printer that fits the requirements above, it will work. Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to add drivers to iX Developer.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Skylar Walker | Applications Engineer

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

Thank You Skylar. May be, it is possible to add direct a printer driver to Win CE 6.0?
Which applications can we add to iX Panel T7A? Something like Windows (File) Explorer is possible?

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

Just found, that the HP LaserJet 1320 is discontinued.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm ... 28059.html

Skylar

Post by Skylar »

Access to Win CE is dependent on which type of terminal you have. The iX Panels only give a user access to iX and essentially boot to that, even though they are based on Win CE underneath. We have other panels that boot to Win CE and you can manipulate the OS however you want with drivers and software... including, of course, running the iX run-time if you desire.

As far as printers, the ones listed are simply examples. I'm sorry that is seems our list has become a little outdated. Nevertheless, PCL is a protocol that many printers support, and it shouldn't be difficult to come across one. If you would like to learn more about what PCL means, here is an excellent article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_Command_Language
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

Dear Skylar, thank You for the interesting information. The question is, which commercially available printer (laser, black/white preferred) can be used with the panel T7A?
At first, i tried to find out myself. Called to HP technical support and asked them which of their printers support PCL5e language. They asked about printer model I use, and then advised to ask their sales department. The person in the sales department sent me to technical support department. I called second time to technical support and they sent me again to sales depatrment....
Then i started to read manuals and was confused even more. The laserjet 1320 (recommended by Beijer) is discontinued, the successor, LaserJet P2015 discontinued as well and replaced with the LaserJet P2055.
But the last one works with PCL6, the PCL5e language not evet mentioned. I found only: PCL5 drivers avalable for download. The operational system Win CE not mentioned as well...

Skylar

Post by Skylar »

I'm sorry it's been difficult for you to find a printer. I actually just did a search on Amazon for "pcl5e printer" and came up with a lot of results. In looking through several of the results, they list PCL 5e as a supported protocol.

It isn't important what operating systems are listed with the printer. If it is one of supported types mentioned above, you will not need to install any drivers. Simply connecting the printer and configuring it in iX Developer will be all that is necessary.

If you are looking for an HP printer, here is my search on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/url=search-alia ... nter&ajr=0

The very first result lists PCL 5e in the product description.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

Thank You Skylar. Actually, we are not going to use printers with the panels, but advice them to our future customers, if they want printed reports.
Will it work, if we connect LaserJet P2055 or other printer with PCL6 language?