Access error to a remote path after a project transfert.

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Nicolas2121

Access error to a remote path after a project transfert.

Post by Nicolas2121 »

Hello,

I have a problem that I don'tunderstand and I can't solve when I want to access to a. csv file on a network location (computer).

I need to import a recipe from a csv file located on a remote computer, however when I wish to import a recipe directly after a project transfert ( automatic restart ), I have a system error. I must exit the application and restart it to can do the operation. Strange... Why ?

Thanks for your reply

mark.monroe

Re: Access error to a remote path after a project transfert.

Post by mark.monroe »

You are going to need to provide more details. Like what does the error actually say. Does it just say "System Error" or is there other text? A code excerpt or detailed description of how you are importing the recipe would also be good. It could be that the Ethernet connection you are using to transfer the file has not been started yet and that you need to wait a few seconds after the panel boots before you can transfer the file.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Nicolas2121

Post by Nicolas2121 »

Here is the code used to import recipe :

Code: Select all

// Imports "Coef_Calculs" recipe
	Globals.Coef_calculs.ImportRecipe("Coef_calculs",@"\\192.9.43.111\BancDeTest\Source",true,true);
"Coef_Calculs" is the name of the recipe and the .csv file and "192.9.43.111" the ip adress of the remote computer.

Make this operation by script or by using beijer action produces same problem.

You can find a screen of error message in attach file. The panel is a T21C panel

Note that the problem is very strange because it occurs when I do a project transfer or when I restart the panel. However, if I make a shortcut of my application in the Start menu -> All Programs -> "Start" and I restart the panel, my application automatically restarts but no problem.

The wait several seconds after reloading the application does not change the problem.

As if the communication channel established after reloading the panel was not performed in the same way as a manual application startup.
DSC_0832.jpg
DSC_0832.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 10632 times
Last edited by mark.monroe on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Picture too large, made it smaller

Nicolas2121

Post by Nicolas2121 »

Anyone to help me ?

stuartm

Post by stuartm »

Check this link out:

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wind ... c-name.htm

The answer depends on your HMI and how your Windows Operating System is configured. IX usually uses the standard File .Net libraries to open a resource. You can always do a test on that UNC from your T21C by Start -> Run -> \\192.168.0.1\c$\<name of recipe>. Or any file in that matter. It must, however, be a network drive accessible over the network. Most of the time these resources are hidden. This is question more for your network administrator.

Regards,
Stuart