Change Brightness Levels

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
daoa80

Change Brightness Levels

Post by daoa80 »

can we control the brightness of the screen either by code or some click event?

Thanks.

stuartm

Change Brightness Levels

Post by stuartm »

Please see this attachment
Attachments
ix1.jpg
ix1.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 11324 times

bennanio

Re: Change Brightness Levels

Post by bennanio »

Is there a method to have this setting persist through power on?
If I set an initial value the display will always set that value when it powers on.
If I don't set an initial value the display defaults to 0 brightness.
Attempting this:

Code: Select all

void SystemTagBacklightBrightnessLevel_ValueChange(System.Object sender, Neo.ApplicationFramework.Interfaces.Events.ValueChangedEventArgs e)
		{
			if(Globals.Tags.SystemTagBacklightBrightnessLevel.Value < 5){ Globals.Tags.SystemTagBacklightBrightnessLevel.SetAnalog(10);}
		}
Normally value change events are fired at least once on power up, however this doesn't appear to work either.

How do I have a brightness slider in my application whose value persists through a power cycle?

Jeremy Richards

Post by Jeremy Richards »

Just check the Non-Volatile check box on the SystemTagBacklightBrightnessLevel tag. That will cause the backlight to be persistent across reboots.

Note that the SystemTagBacklightBrightnessLevel and the "Show Backlight Settings" action do not play real well together, so you should use one or the other, but not both in your project.

andrea

Post by andrea »

Are these settings valid for Microsoft Windows (XP or 7) pc?