Quality of Support

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
GTUnit

Quality of Support

Post by GTUnit »

The fact that Beijer does not support these forums is absolutely Pathetic.
There are questions that have gone unanswered for weeks.

Why is this forum here when everyone on has little experience and nothing but questions. There is no "community" developed yet to answer questions. Why is Beijer not promptly answering all these questions?

These panels are not ready for prime time in the Industrial Controls Industry.

Equipment that does not work and lacks the support to make it work is worthless.

JohnCZ

Re: Quality of Support

Post by JohnCZ »

The fact that Beijer does not support these forums is absolutely OK, because it's forum. Forum serves the community of people who use the same things and can cooperate or say tips on how to improve the application. Thanks to this forum I was able to solve a lot of requests from management.

They have a lot of support:

Support
For any support related questions, please fill in the support form or send an email to:
hmisupport@beijerelectronics.com

Customer Service:
If you have a question related to shipments or other logistics matters, please contact:
logistics.hmi@beijerelectronics.com

Beijer offer a lot of improved and functionalities that can help you and I can imagine that these functionalities can be confusing to using, if you are a begginer. But for these situations you need to call support or to go to technical trening

To the forum:

First) most of the question here is scripting ( 80% and more - count it )
Beijer offer these inteface, but fact is that script is free solution.

Second) hw is good, sw could be better but i you used it as is write in manual there is minimum chance to do something wrong.

Third) Support, if you write or call to your support, promptly is there a answer and that is what I appreciate most.

JohnCZ

onedumbtrucker

Post by onedumbtrucker »

I agree, their hardware is great. iX developer still needs some fine tuning but for the most part is a very well thought out environment.

I have always had good experience contacting Beijer support directly.

Yes, it would be nice if Beijer had support people answering issues on the forum and Ron L used to do that a lot but I think he is no longer with the company, or at least not in support anymore.

I agree it is frustrating when you have an issue and can't get any help here for it but as JohnCZ said, call the support number.

mwidger

Post by mwidger »

I disagree! The development environment is not very well thought out and it has a frustratingly inconsistent API which is severely limited. .Net is a fantastic framework but I'm not convinced its ready in this format for industrial control.

I cannot comment on the quality of the hardware as it's my first project using it, but I do have extensive .Net knowledge so feel I can speak with some authority on the scripting side of things.

If you want a vanilla HMI that provides a simple interface lacking in enterprise features then its OK, but for anything remotely advanced I feel there are better options out there that whilst long in the tooth are at least usable.

With regard the support, this seems really hit and miss as some questions (the simple ones) get answered quickly but others seem to be ignored or take ages to get a response. I guess its all down to the guy at the other end and how well he interprets the query I suppose.

Products like this will only ever thrive it it has a user base, but right now, the user base seems split and fragmented which is a shame as I think there could be life in a .Net based control system!